Friday 8 January 2010

6. Presentation about Marked Women

Me and my friends prepared a presentation about the document Marked women. The document is about women being marked in society and men are not. I agree with the writer. She gave many examples such as dresses of women, make up, etc. For women there are many shoes as sneakers, high heels, etc. and the list goes on. Also there are many dresses, skirts, pants, even cosmetics. But for men there are limited options of shoes, dresses. Every man wears a suit in serious places but there are many options for women. A man tried to prove the opposite in that document by saying men are marked in society. His examples were that the Y chromosome depended on X and there are animal species that are only female. Although it sounded reasonable, examples about women being marked are more proving the point. So I chose to stick with women are being marked. As I thought more on the subject I relaized that there were also things that are not marked such as jeans.
Also I think our presentation was good. We showed all the main points, counter arguments. Also the powerpoint was good. It was generally good except some small things according to me. The topic was educating and was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment